First Aid Skill
- The Complete Occupational First Aid Course
- Supersedes HLTSS00027 Occupational First Aid Skill Set
- Same Day Certificate
Learn the required skills, roles and responsibilities to be an Occupational First Aider in the workplace to an industry standard.
Successful students will have the skills to respond to an emergency event with an emergency first aid response, as well as the ability to provide maintenance, establishment and facilitation of appropriate first aid in the workplace.
This course is delivered in partnership with Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909 and includes a short online pre-class component.
Participants who have completed HLTSS00068 Occupational First Aid Skill Set and have been assessed as competent in all assessments will receive a digital Statement of Attainment in:
- HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- HLTAID010 Provide Basic Emergency Life Support
- HLTAID011 Provide First Aid
- HLTAID014 Provide Advanced First Aid
- HLTAID015 Provide Advanced Resuscitation and Oxygen Therapy
- HLTAID016 Manage First Aid Services and Resources
- HLTSS00068 Occupational First Aid Skill Set
Certificates will be issued within 24 hours of completing the course.
There are no pre-requisites for the HLTSS00068 Occupational First Aid Skill Set course. Participants are however required to have a minimum level of Literacy and Numeracy to be allowed admittance to this course.
Please notify us if you have any medical conditions or special needs that may prevent you completing all practical assessments. This includes performing single rescuer CPR on a resuscitation mannequin placed on the floor for a minimum of 2 minutes.
- Legal and other requirements
- Basic Life Support (DRSABCD)
- CPR & AED
- Anatomy and physiology
- Cardiopulmonary system
- Assessment of vital signs
- Levels of consciousness
- Oxygen therapy and resuscitation
- Oropharyngeal airway
- Bag valve mask (BVM)
- Maintenance of resuscitation equipment
- Workplace risk assessment & response plan
- Maintenance of first aid equipment
- Recording and reporting incidents
- Abdominal injuries
- Allergic reaction
- Bleeding and wound care
- Burns, including thermal, chemical, friction and electrical
- Cardiac conditions
- Choking and airway obstruction
- Crush injuries
- Emergency childbirth
- Extremes of heat and cold
- Eye and ear injuries
- Head, neck and spinal injuries
- Levels of consciousness
- Musculoskeletal injuries: fractures and dislocations, strains and sprains
- Needle stick injuries
- Poisoning and toxic substances
- Respiratory distress, including asthma
- Shock management
- Substance misuse
For Learners Rights, Responsibilities and Support, including complaints, please refer to the Student Handbook.
Courses are available every day, seven days a week at our three training centres in Preston, Dandenong and Deer Park.
“Amazing is all that I can say!!! The instructor was super NICE and taught us everything. Highly recommend this place, and thank you Life saving first aid❤️🤗”
“The majority of this course was online. The classroom component was very well run and quite enjoyable. The instructor was informative and entertaining. The price was spot on.”