Conduct Manual Tasks Safely
Manual Handling course.
The course HLTWHS005 Conduct Manual Tasks Safely will provide participants with the skills and knowledge required to recognise potentially hazardous manual tasks, and then to prepare for and complete those tasks in a safe manner.
This course is delivered in partnership with Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.
Participants who have completed this manual handling course and have been assessed as competent in all assessments will receive a digital Statement of Attainment in:
- HLTWHS005 Conduct Manual Tasks Safely
Certificates will be issued within 24 hours of completing the course.
There are no pre-requisites for HLTWHS005 Conduct Manual Tasks Safely. Participants are however required to have a minimum level of Literacy and Numeracy to be allowed admittance to this course.
Please notify us if you have any medical conditions or special needs that may prevent you completing all practical assessments.
Identify manual tasks involving risk:
- Recognise manual tasks that may involve risk to self or others
- Identify risk factors that make the manual task hazardous
- Determine the nature and extent of the risk
- Follow organisation procedures for controlling hazardous manual tasks
Prepare for manual tasks:
- Prepare workplace layout and environment according to organisation procedures
- Organise task and workflow appropriately
- Prepare and package loads for movement, taking account of specific requirements for different materials and organisation procedures
- Select and use personal protective equipment appropriate to the task
- Ensure task is within personal capabilities
Complete manual tasks:
- Use appropriate posture and handling techniques to reduce muscle load on exertion
- Select, adjust and use mechanical aids and handling devices according to manufacturer’s instructions
- Pace and schedule tasks according to procedures
Contribute to safe work practices:
- Identify hazardous manual tasks and report to supervisor according to organisation procedures
- Follow organisation procedures for reporting symptoms of injury or actual injury to self and others
- Participate in workplace safety activities and contribute to the improvement of manual tasks
- Contribute to risk management approach to reduce risks from manual tasks
For Learners Rights, Responsibilities and Support, including complaints, please refer to the Student Handbook.
Courses are available every day, seven days a week at our three training centres in Preston, Dandenong and Deer Park.
“Amazing is all that I can say!!! The instructor was super NICE and taught us everything. Highly recommend this place, and thank you Life saving first aid❤️🤗”
“The majority of this course was online. The classroom component was very well run and quite enjoyable. The instructor was informative and entertaining. The price was spot on.”