Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- CPR Refresher Course
- Supersedes HLTAID001
- Same Day Certificate
Learn the skills to recognise and manage a person who is unconscious and not breathing. CPR (Cardiopulmanary Resuscitation) is able to sustain life until an ambulance arrives. Classes are fun and face-to-face with plenty of practical hands-on learning. This course includes a short online pre-class component.
Delivered in partnership with Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909
Participants who have completed the CPR course and have been assessed as competent in all assessments will receive a digital Statement of Attainment in: HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation within 24 hours of completing their course.
There are no pre-requisites for the CPR course. Participants are however required to have a minimum level of Literacy and Numeracy to be allowed admittance to this course.
Please notify us if you have any medical conditions or special needs that may prevent you completing all practical assessments. This includes performing CPR on the floor on a mannequin. It is a requirement that CPR be performed for at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer CPR on an adult resuscitation manikin placed on the floor.
- Performed at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) (5 cycles of both compressions and ventilations) on an adult resuscitation manikin placed on the floor
- Performed at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer CPR (5 cycles both compressions and ventilations) on an infant resuscitation manikin placed on a firm surface
- Responded appropriately in the event of regurgitation or vomiting
- Managed the unconscious breathing casualty
- Followed single rescue procedure, including the demonstration of a rotation of operators with minimal interruptions to compressions
- Followed the prompts of an automated external defibrillator (AED)
- Demonstrated safe manual handling techniques
- Provided an accurate verbal or written report of the incident
- ARC Guidelines relevant to the provision of CPR
- Safe work practices to minimise risks and potential hazards
- Infection control principles and procedures, including use of standard precautions
- Requirements for currency of skill and knowledge
- Awareness of potential need for stress-management techniques and available support following an emergency situation
- Duty of care requirements
- Respectful behaviour towards a casualty
- Own skills and limitations
- Privacy and confidentiality requirements
- Importance of debriefing
- Airway obstruction due to body position
- Appropriate duration and cessation of CPR
- Appropriate use of an AED
- Chain of survival
- Standard precautions
- How to recognise a person is not breathing normally
- Upper airway and effect of positional change
Courses are available every day, seven days a week at our three training centres in Preston, Dandenong and Deer Park.
“Amazing is all that I can say!!! The instructor was super NICE and taught us everything. Highly recommend this place, and thank you Life saving first aid❤️🤗”
“The majority of this course was online. The classroom component was very well run and quite enjoyable. The instructor was informative and entertaining. The price was spot on.”